Skip to main content

Flower Show



Yesterday I had the privilege to spend the day with Stella at a flower show in Shanghai. We had a great time just meandering and seeing all the beautiful scenery that has been created. It is always a pleasure to be with Stella. We spent a few hours in all the green and color and for a while I thought I was back in the states. The noise of the city fell away for a little and the beauty of the flowers took over!! You can see all the pics at shutterfly!


To let you all know, I will be going to Uganda for a week in May to help some friends with a medical clinic. I am so thankful for this opportunity and can't wait to see some old friends and share in service with them. Please keep me in your thoughts and I will send pics as soon as I can. Beth and I leave May 12 and return to Shanghai May 19. We are excited!!


Know that you all are in my thoughts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Friends and Family, I arrived back in Shanghai on Tuesday, August 28th. On Wednesday morning we were already up early to go to the supermarket to get groceries and to help the new ones get settled in. We have four new people joining us this year. Three of those are guys and yes, the other is a girl!! We have two new English teachers, one nursing teacher and one science teacher. The team is now about even in the ratio of girls to guys now!! The boys are happy! My first class day was Monday, September 3rd. I am teaching Maternity this semester and have the same students that I had the first semester. So, it is nice to not have to learn a whole new class of students. We have 118 sophomores and 114 freshmen in our program. My first week was pretty easy because we have not started check-off yet. Check-off is the time where we teach them skills and they have to demonstrate them back to us for a grade. We will have check-off for Maternity, Medical/Surgical Nursing, and Fundamentals of Nu...
Dear friends, Wow, it has been a long time since I posted. I always have such grand ideas of doing great journaling here and I always fall quite a bit short of that...and today will be the same. I don't have a lot of time to write, but wanted to let you know that I have changed the place that I am posting pictures. I have been using Facebook and have found it easier to post pics there. So, my pics are now at www.facebook.com . You do have to sign in to this site, but after you do, you can search for my name and view my pics and other info about me. At some point I may even blog there, but for now I will continue to try to keep you a little updated here.

China

I am here in Shanghai and all is well. It is hard to even begin to tell how things are. I have set up some pictures at cholshouser2000.shutterfly.com with the password of chinadoll. I will be updating the albums periodically and that is where you will be able see the bulk of pictures. You can also order pictures from there or post some of your own for me to see. It is pretty cool!!! Well, I have had almost two weeks here and am getting settled in nicely. We are expecting 117 Freshman this year. The sophomores begin classes on Monday, 9/18. I am teaching the Freshman Fundamentals of Nursing I this semester and we begin class on Monday 9/25. I will be teaching 12 hours a week since the Freshman class is so large. We will split them up into 3 separate classes. I will be teaching Pediatrics in the Spring. The Freshman have some time in adaptation classes to get them ready for college and for english. The campus is lovely and very modern. I feel like I am on an American campus except for al...