Skip to main content

Nursing Home

Today I had the wonderful opportunity to visit a local nursing home near our school. I have to say that my mind thought of the worst possible circumstances, but I was pleasantly pleased to see the I was so wrong in my thoughts. The accommodations were simple, but pleasant and clean! Mostly I met ladies, but there were a few men around! The oldest resident died just yesterday at the young, spry age of 105!! WOW! Below are a few pics of the sweetness that we experienced!
The lady in the white shirt with the head full of white hair is 97 and as spunky as they come! She had more energy and was more flexible that I could ever dream of!
We were able to visit this place with some students from the school and spent most of our time taking blood pressures, singing and entertaining! They were so thankful for the time that we spent with them and I got quite a few "grandma" hugs from these little ladies. Needless to say, I had a great time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Friends and Family, I arrived back in Shanghai on Tuesday, August 28th. On Wednesday morning we were already up early to go to the supermarket to get groceries and to help the new ones get settled in. We have four new people joining us this year. Three of those are guys and yes, the other is a girl!! We have two new English teachers, one nursing teacher and one science teacher. The team is now about even in the ratio of girls to guys now!! The boys are happy! My first class day was Monday, September 3rd. I am teaching Maternity this semester and have the same students that I had the first semester. So, it is nice to not have to learn a whole new class of students. We have 118 sophomores and 114 freshmen in our program. My first week was pretty easy because we have not started check-off yet. Check-off is the time where we teach them skills and they have to demonstrate them back to us for a grade. We will have check-off for Maternity, Medical/Surgical Nursing, and Fundamentals of Nu...
Dear friends, Wow, it has been a long time since I posted. I always have such grand ideas of doing great journaling here and I always fall quite a bit short of that...and today will be the same. I don't have a lot of time to write, but wanted to let you know that I have changed the place that I am posting pictures. I have been using Facebook and have found it easier to post pics there. So, my pics are now at www.facebook.com . You do have to sign in to this site, but after you do, you can search for my name and view my pics and other info about me. At some point I may even blog there, but for now I will continue to try to keep you a little updated here.

China

I am here in Shanghai and all is well. It is hard to even begin to tell how things are. I have set up some pictures at cholshouser2000.shutterfly.com with the password of chinadoll. I will be updating the albums periodically and that is where you will be able see the bulk of pictures. You can also order pictures from there or post some of your own for me to see. It is pretty cool!!! Well, I have had almost two weeks here and am getting settled in nicely. We are expecting 117 Freshman this year. The sophomores begin classes on Monday, 9/18. I am teaching the Freshman Fundamentals of Nursing I this semester and we begin class on Monday 9/25. I will be teaching 12 hours a week since the Freshman class is so large. We will split them up into 3 separate classes. I will be teaching Pediatrics in the Spring. The Freshman have some time in adaptation classes to get them ready for college and for english. The campus is lovely and very modern. I feel like I am on an American campus except for al...